Peter Hough

Peter Hough
Click on picture to go to my website

Monday 24 January 2011

The leader of Sefton Council is no southern softy, but...

I'm not normally one to openly criticise the leader of our group (for obvious reasons), but I had to comment after reading Tony Robertson's piece on his walking activities. He said he couldn't wait for the longer days to arrive, and the end of the snow and ice, so he and his fair-weather pals could plan some walking expeditions.

As Tony knows, I'm a fell walker, and I go out all year round in whatever the weather throws at me. For instance just before Christmas we were up in the hills above Grassington, in the snow and ice, with spectacular views down Wharfedale.

I know Tony's not a southern softy, because he comes from the same part of the East Midlands as me. So come on Tony, you don't have to wait until Spring, get your thermals on, pack a flask of hot coffee, lace up your boots, and get out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment